nedelja, 8. december 2013



    HuecO Tanks


After years of dreaming about this place, the time for me has finally arrived.

I didn't expect anything, I was just curious and I didn't set any particular goals for myself.
I wanted to climb as many different things as possible.
The huge overhangs with huecos was something you cannot find anywhere else and I guess that was what impressed me the most.


  
Esperanza, V14


Power of silence, V10

Full service, V10


The H.T. park is a natural geomorphological wonder. Even though there is only desert miles and miles around it, HT has always ponds of water-tanks, and numerous animals and plants.






One thing that was annoying was the restricted areas where you always need a guide with you. 
The entrance fee and the waiting at the gate are some other drawbacks of HT but they are the necessary evil.


Barefoot on sacred ground, V12

 BLack mamba, V10

But once you're inside the park is like landing on mars but everywhere you look you see boulders. In the guidebook from 2004 it is stated that HT has 1700 boulders and now some 500 new bolders were added in the new, not yet published guidebook.


El techo de los tres, V11



One of the first people bouldering in HT was Fred Nicole
Looking at the list of Fred Nicole's first ascents you realize that he is possibly the most important figure in the history of HT or what it is today.
So I wanted to try some of his classics. I climbed Alma Blanca, Barefoot on Sacred ground, EL Techo de los tres, Diaphanous sea etc.


Alma Blanca,V13

Morning from our camper



Terre de Siene, V13


I was really enjoying this one, but I should do more yoga to send this one.

Tale of two gabors, V13

View of the HT from the Ranch house


Another thing that I couldn't imagine without seeing it with my own eyes was the way american people live or what they are. From what I've experienced they are actually very kind. Regardless of who you are or where you come from, they treat you as a human being - equally.





Chabalanke, V11

The Feather, V11


List of best climbs: Alma Blanca V13, Tequila sunrise V12, Barefoot on Sacred ground V12, Diphanous sea V12, El Techo de los tres V12, Anal intruder #10 V11, Dark Age V11, Power of silence V10, Free Willy V10, Dean's Journey V10,..


Tequila Sunrise V12



I'll be back.

@HRR

1 komentar:

  1. great blog entry! we enjoyed meeting you guys, inspiring to watch you climb! all the best

    OdgovoriIzbriši